naughty found ground merry cherry weighty wooden
1) Naughty: disobedient Example sentences: 1) My brother has been a naughty boy since childhood. 2) Harsh becomes a naughty kid in canteen.
2) Found: to discover Example sentences: 1) I found a book on the table. 2) Tanu found the necklace under the drawer.
3) Ground: the solid surface of the earth Example sentences: 1) Faizal touched the ground with his hands. 2) Jai was sitting on the ground in the heat.
4) Merry: cheerful and lively Example sentences: 1) The kids were singing merry songs. 2) I felt merry after talking to my mother.
5) Cherry: a small dark red fruit Example sentences: 1) I ate a bowl of cherries in breakfast. 2) Cherry is my favourite fruit.
6) Weighty: having a great weight Example sentences: 1) I got a weighty package from my father. 2) Yamini is a weighty girl.
7) Wooden: made of wood Example sentences: 1) Raj was sitting on the wooden bench. 2) The bird was sitting on a wooden box.
Reading is Fun
1.From where did the naughty boy come?
Ans.The naughty boy came from England.
2.Where did the naughty boy go?
Ans. The naughty boy went to Scotland
3.Why did he go there?
Ans.He went there to see its people and things there.
4.What did the boy wonder about?
Ans.The boy wondered that all the things found in Scotland were all the same as in England.
1.Listen to these instructions and follow them.
(а) naughty walk forward
(b) naughty walk backwards
(c) fall down
(d) do a funny trick
(e) walk on tiptoes
(f) drag your feet
(g) spin around
(h) jump like a horse .
(i) walk with your shoes
(j) shuffle your feet
Ans.Do it Yourself
1.What do you think the naughty boy would see in India?
Ans. The naughty boy would see everything same in India.
2.Have you recently been to another place? What is it like? How is it different from your own place?
Ans.Do it yourself.
3.All cultures have their own folk songs in which each line is repeated. This line is sung in a chorus. Sing a folk song in your own language.
Ans.Do it yourself.
1.Naughty is a describing word. Can you find more describing words can you find in this maze?
2.Now write these words here-
(а) The peacock is a beautiful bird.
(b) Pinocchio is a naughty puppet.
(c) I saw an ugly quarrel.
(d)) Morning exercises make you healthy.
(e) A glass of milk makes your teeth strong.
(f) Rita’s rude behaviour annoyed me.
(g) Rahul does not eat green vegetables, therefore his eyesight is weak.
1.Can you write six things that are made of wood?
chair table bookshelf
bench cupboard bat
2.Look at the words given below and put them under the things that they are
balloon chair table eraser shirt
pencil toys car trousers knife
metal wood rubber cloth
car chair balloon shirt
knife table eraser trousers
scissors pencil toys cap
3.Who do you think is the naughtiest child in your class?
Describe her/him in five lines.
• Sanju is the naughtiest boy in my class.
• He never concentrates on his studies.
• He disturbs me and other students of the class.
• So long the teacher is there in the class, he tries to be silent. But the moment he/she goes out he starts shouting.
• He often beats his classmates.
hard yard long song
weighty eighty found ground
Let’s make a mosaic hat for your clown You need
• Mirrors/beads of different size and shapes
• A piece of cardboard
• Sketch pens
• Take a piece of old cardboard.
• Draw a colourful pattern on it.
• Take glue/gum and apply it on the surface and stick beads/mirrors/pulses on it.
• Fold it into a cone.
• Your lovely Mosaic Hat is now ready.
• Put it on your clown.
Which country does your clown belong to? Now complete the table below-
India – Indian