Are you looking for CUET 2022 and want to know what changes have been made by UGC in CUET? If yes then read this article for complete details related to the entrance exam.CUET (CUCET) or The Central Universities – The National Testing Agency (NTA) has will rea established to conduct the Central Universities Common Entrance Test. The commission has released the date of the online application. Candidates for admission to Under Graduate program can apply for CUET from April 2, 2022. CUET will provide a single-window opportunity to the students for admission in all the Central universities.
Moreover, CUET 2022-23 will be conducted in online mode i.e. CBT (Computer Based Test). Common Entrance Test is an all-India test that is being organized for admission to various Integrated/Under-Graduate, Post Graduate, and Research Programmes in several Central Universities and State Universities of India.
The last date to apply online for UnderGraduate courses is April 30, 2022. The Central Universities Entrance Examination (CUET) is intended to streamline the admission process in Central Universities and other state universities by using a single examination that will be used by all. The UGC funds 45 Central universities (University Grants Commission).
Furthermore, according to UGC Chairman M Jagadesh Kumar, the CUET syllabus will include the Class 12th NCERT Syllabus. The CUET examination will take place in the first week of July. In addition, admission to undergraduate courses at various universities will be based solely on the CUET Score.
The National Testing Agency will conduct CUET Exam for the 2022-2023 batch in online mode. Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, Jamia Milia Islamia, Jawahar Lal Nehru University, and others are some of the most well-known institutions that candidates can join after CUET. Candidates who have completed their 10 + 2 or undergraduate degree can fill CUCET Application Form tentatively from the 3rd week of March 2022 on the official website. However, there are different eligibility criteria for each UG and PG program. Check CUCET Eligibility Criteria
What is CUET EXAM?
CUET or CUCET Full-Form- CUCET stands for central universities’ common entrance test. CUCET, as previously stated, is a national-level entrance exam that admits students to 54 central universities across India. Previously, you were judged solely on the basis of your 12th-grade grades, but now you must take a standard aptitude exam. This aptitude test’s modalities will be recommended by a seven-member group. According to a recent recommendation, these colleges will conduct this exam for the first time this year. NEP decided to scrap the merit-based admissions process for these universities. Only this common entrance test will be used to admit students.
We’ve seen that premier universities with high cut-off marks have a lot of competition. As a result, the CAT will lessen the impact of high cut-off scores for good universities. For major universities such as Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, Central University of Punjab, and Jawaharlal Nehru University, this will be a centralized test. You can take this single aptitude test to gain admission to top institutions instead of taking many entrance exams.
The entrance exam is scheduled for May 2022. Below are all the important dates related to the CUET 2022:
|Under Graduate application form link will be active from||April 02, 2022|
|Last date to submit applications||April 30, 2022|
|Form correction window will be activated from||May 2022|
|Release of admit card||May 2022|
|CUET 2022 Exam||June 2022|
|Provisional CUET answer key||June 2022|
|Objections against Answer key||June 2022|
|Final answer key||June 2022|
|The result will be declared on||July 2022|
|CUET 2022 merit list||July 2022|
|Counseling of CUET 2022||July 2022|
The eligibility criteria remain the same as the entrance exams after the 12th. You must have passed the 12th standard with a minimum of 60%. You can apply if you are studying in class 12, however, you need to submit the documents during verification.
The previous eligibility shall vary as per each course and university you wish to apply for. For now, there isn’t much clarity on the eligibility.
From what we know so far, here are the expected criteria-
- All Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- For UG courses, the minimum qualification shall be 50% for the General category. 5% relaxation shall be given to SC/ST students.
- PG applicants belonging to the General category must have 55% aggregate marks. 5% relaxation to SC/ST students will be given.
- Ph.D. applicants who have qualified CSIR UGC NET (JRF), GATE, NBHM will have to mandatorily register for the exam. They don’t have to give the entrance test.
NTA is planning to release the CUET Application Form 2022 in the first week of April 2022. The CUET Exam Date as well as a link to the CUET Application Form will be announced on the National Testing Agency’s official website (NTA). The CUET Application Form can be filled out by candidates who meet the CUET Eligibility Criteria. The application form’s registration link will be open for about 25-30 days. As a result, students should complete the CUET Application Form as soon as possible to prevent the last-minute rush. In the month of April 2022, an online application window will open. For UG, PG, and Ph.D. students, the registration process is the same.
The processes to filling out the CUET Application Form are as follows:
1. Fill in your personal information to register as a new user on the official website.
2. Re-login to complete the form’s educational qualification, basic information, and communication information.
3. The required documents, notably the photograph and signature, must be uploaded after the previous step.
4. The next step is to pay the application fee, which can be done either online or offline. Choose your preferred payment method and proceed with the transaction.
5. For future reference, print the completed form. Make certain there are no mistakes. Before submitting the form, take a look at it.
Things to keep in mind while filling CUET Application Form:
- Keep the relevant documents ready along with a scanned copy of the photograph and signature.
- The payment for the CUET Application Form is to be done online and one must be ready with Net banking/UPI/Credit Card/Debit Card to make the payment and complete the CUET Application Form.
- The application form of a candidate will not be accepted by exam authorities till the CUET fee is paid successfully.
- There will be a separate application fee for each category of student.
- Upon successful completion of the CUET Application Form, you’ll receive a confirmation email and SMS on your registered email address and phone number.
- Hence, candidates are advised to provide a valid email id and phone number in the application form which will be used for any future communication by CUET/NTA.
- While choosing the test center for CUET 2022, one must be careful as no change will be allowed once the CUET Application Form has been submitted.
- Further, after the completion of the CUET application form filling, download a copy of it and take print of the application form submitted for any future reference.Recently UGC (University Grants Commission) has declared that from 2022-23, admission in the undergraduate courses will be based on UGC Common Entrance Test results and not on board exam results.
The fee varies according to the mode of payment. PwD candidates are exempted from paying any application fee.
|Category||Payment through online/debit/credit card||Payment through Challan|
|Application Fees*||Application Fee||Bank Commission||Total Fee to be paid|
|General/OBC||INR 800 for three PUs||INR 800||INR 50||INR 850|
|SC/ST||INR 350 for three PUs||INR 350||INR 400|
- The selection process for CUET begins once the exam is notified. To understand the same, please refer to the following:
- Candidates must apply for CUET 2022 online once the CUET application process starts.
- Download the CUET admit card and check for any discrepancies. If any error is found, immediately inform the authorities.
- Appear for the exam on the CUET Exam Date as notified in the admit card.
- Validate your answers once the official key is released by NTA after the exam has been conducted.
- Use the grievance redressal mechanism, for any issues you may have found in the answer key.
- Once the result is announced, get ready for the centralized counseling for admissions to the Central Universities.
Admit Card for CUET 2022
The CUET Admit Card will be accessible two weeks prior to the exam date on the NTA’s official website. When the CUET hall tickets are available for download, you will be notified through SMS and email. The CUET admit card, also known as a hall ticket, contains vital information such as the exam date and time, exam location, exam center, and other exam qualifications. Without the admit card, candidates will not be able to enter the examination hall and take the CUET exam.
The chairperson of UGC M Jagadesh Kumar said that all the students from different education boards and backgrounds will get equal opportunities. As CBSE Term 2 Board Exams are scheduled from April 26, teachers have raised their concerns and asked students to focus on Term 2 as the result of the board exam will determine their future. But as announced by UGC it is now not essential for CUET 2022. In this article, we have discussed all You Need to Know about CUET Exam 2022.
1. Does different boards will get equal opportunity as the UGC CUET syllabus will now be based on Syllabus prescribed by NCERT?
As announced by UGC the syllabus will be declared in April’s first week and the examination will be scheduled in July. Hence, the candidate will get enough time to check the difference between their syllabus and the NCERT syllabus. If there is any difference they can prepare for it. Moreover, from next year the students will be familiar with the syllabus.
2. What is the reason to conduct a common entrance test?
Conducting a Common Entrance test will lessen the burden of the students preparing for undergraduate admissions. As with the help of UGC CUCET, they don’t have to apply and appear in different universities’ entrance exams. Moreover, multiple entrance exams can cause stress to the students. Hence, UGC CUET will help in reducing that stress and will help students to concentrate on their board exams.
3. Is the performance in class 12th is not relevant now?
The performance of the students in class 12th is as necessary as it was before. The students need to gain knowledge in school time. Apart from this, UGC has left the universities to decide the minimum criteria. So, it can be possible for universities to get 50-60% marks in board exams. However, for appearing in UGC CUCET 2022 the student has to just pass the class 12th exam same as during the admission in IIT’s only JEE scores are required.
4. What will be the process of the universities to select candidates?
Firstly, some qualifying marks will be fixed by the universities. Then based on the UGC CUCET scores they will make a merit list of the qualified candidates.
5. What will be the exam’s structure?
The CUET examination will have three stages. The first stage will be a compulsory language paper. Candidates will get a choice of 13 languages. Then the second stage will be focusing on testing the domain-specific knowledge of candidates and will provide 27 domains. Candidates can attempt up to 6 domains. The universities will announce which domain-specific test is for which program. The third stage will be a general test consisting of questions from numerical ability, general knowledge, current affairs, quantitative reasoning, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning. Moreover, there will be an optional exam of language for the students who want to go for languages courses.
6. How many attempts are allowed in a year?
This year the commission has decided to conduct the exam once a year. But from next year it can be possible that they can provide more than one chance to appear in CUET.
7. Does CUET will have any negative marking?
CUCET exam will have a negative marking to bring in some aggregation. Otherwise, there will be a lot of bunching.
8. Does the test facilitate the multidisciplinary motion from School to College?
The students appearing in CUET can write exams in up to 6 domains. They can choose the subjects as per their choice no matter what was their domain knowledge in class 12th. Moreover, the CUET scores will be used by the universities for cross-disciplinary admissions which means if a student wants admission in BA Political Science, the student doesn’t need to have political science as a subject in class 12th. However, these guidelines will be decided by the universities.
9. What would be done for skill-based courses with major practical components?
For skill-based courses like painting, music, theater, and sculpture the universities will be conducting practical exams or interviews along with CUET.
10. Will CUET will transform into a tuition-driven competition?
The professional courses need coaching because there is a huge competition over there. But in the case of the non-professional courses for which CUET is conducted the competition is less. Hence, it is not required to have coaching for CUET. The examination will be strictly based on the 12th NCERT syllabus.
11. How it will affect minority colleges and universities?
Universities reserving a certain percentage of seats for internal or local students will be continued. The difference will be that these students also have to come through CUET like the students admitted in general seats. The policies and ordinances related to reservations will not be changed.
CUET Participating Universities 2022 | CUET Colleges
While some of the Central Universities have been established in the last two decades, a majority of the Universities are already established, including the prestigious University of Delhi. The University of Allahabad is the oldest of them all, having been established in the year 1887 and becoming a Central University in the year 2005.
Following is the table which consists of the name of the CUET Colleges/ universities, their states, location, and when it was established-
|Banaras Hindu University||Uttar Pradesh||Varanasi||1916|
|Delhi University||Delhi||New Delhi||1922|
|Aligarh Muslim University||Uttar Pradesh||Aligarh||1920|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||Delhi||New Delhi||1920 (1988)|
|Jawaharlal Nehru University||Delhi||New Delhi||1969|
|Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University||Uttar Pradesh||Lucknow||1996|
|Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya||Chhattisgarh||Bilaspur||1983 (2009)|
|University of Allahabad||Uttar Pradesh||Prayagraj||1887 (2005)|
|Visva-Bharati University||West Bengal||Santiniketan||1921|
|Dr. Hari Singh Gour University||Madhya Pradesh||Sagar||1946 (2009)|
|English and Foreign Languages University||Telangana||Hyderabad||1958 (2007)|
|North Eastern Hill University||Meghalaya||Shillong||1973|
|Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University||Uttarakhand||Srinagar||1973 (2009)|
|University of Hyderabad||Telangana||Hyderabad||1974|
|Manipur University||Manipur||Imphal||1980 (2005)|
|Rajiv Gandhi University||Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar||1985 (2007)|
|Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya||Maharashtra||Wardha||1997|
|Maulana Azad National Urdu University||Telangana||Hyderabad||1998|
|Indira Gandhi National Tribal University||Madhya Pradesh||Amarkantak||2007|
|Central University of South Bihar||Bihar||Gaya||2009|
|Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agriculture University||Bihar||Samastipur||1905 (2016)|
|National Sanskrit University[note 3]||Andhra Pradesh||Tirupati||1956 (2020)|
|Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri National Sanskrit University||Delhi||New Delhi||1962 (2020)|
|Central Sanskrit University||Delhi||New Delhi||1970 (2020)|
|Indira Gandhi National Open University||Delhi||New Delhi||1985|
|Central Agricultural University||Manipur||Imphal||1993|
|Indian Maritime University||Tamil Nadu||Chennai||2008|
|Central University of Gujarat||Gujarat||Gandhinagar||2009|
|Central University of Haryana||Haryana||Mahendragarh||2009|
|Central University of Himachal Pradesh||Himachal Pradesh||Dharamsala||2009|
|Central University of Kashmir||Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar||2009|
|Central University of Jharkhand||Jharkhand||Ranchi||2009|
|Central University of Karnataka||Karnataka||Kalaburagi||2009|
|Central University of Kerala||Kerala||Kasaragod||2009|
|Central University of Odisha||Odisha||Koraput||2009|
|Central University of Punjab||Punjab||Bathinda||2009|
|Central University of Rajasthan||Rajasthan||Ajmer||2009|
|Central University of Tamil Nadu||Tamil Nadu||Tiruvarur||2009|
|Nalanda University||Bihar||Rajgir, Nalanda||2010|
|South Asian University||Delhi||New Delhi||2010|
|Central University of Jammu||Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu||2011|
|Rajiv Gandhi National Aviation University||Uttar Pradesh||Raebareli||2013|
|Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University||Uttar Pradesh||Jhansi||2014|
|Mahatma Gandhi Central University||Bihar||Motihari||2016|
|National Sports University||Manipur||Imphal||2018|
|Central Tribal University of Andhra Pradesh||Andhra Pradesh||Vizianagaram||2019|
|Central University of Andhra Pradesh||Andhra Pradesh||Anantapur||2019|