NCERT Solutions for class 3 English Unit-7
PUPPY AND I
QUESTIONS FROM TEXTBOOK SOLVED
Reading is Fun
1.Who’is the ‘I’ in the poem?
Ans. ‘I’ in the poem is a little boy.
2.Where was the Man going?
Ans. The Man was going to the village to get some bread.
3.Why didn’t the child go with the Horse?
Ans. The child did not go with the Horse because he found him busy in his own work.
4. Why did the child go with the Puppy?
Ans. The child went with the Puppy because he (Puppy) was going to the hills to roll and play and the child wanted to play.
1.Do you have a pet?
Ans. Yes, I have a pet dog.
2. Talk about three things that you and your pet do together.
- We go for morning walks together.
- We play together in the evening.
- We sit together on sofa and see TV.
3. How do you look after your pet? Tell the class first in your own language, and then in English.
Ans. I have a pet dog. His name is Tufty. I bathe daily. I feed him on time. I make his bed and take care of his cleanliness. I play with him in the evening. I love him very much.
1.Look at the dogs in the picture and write about them.
- Bull Dog. It is a short strong dog. It has a large head. Its nose is short and flat. It has a short thick neck.
- Boxer. It is a large dog with smooth hair. Its nose is short and flat. It has a tail that has usually been cut very short.
- German Shepherd. It is a large dog. It is often trained to help the police and to guard buildings.
- Doberman. It is a large dog with short, dark hair. It is often used to guard buildings.
1.Match the animals with their sounds,
a horse trumpets
a dog bleats
a sheep neighs
a cat roars
an elephant moos
a tiger barks
a cow mews
- a horse neighs
- a sheep bleats
- an elephant trumpets
- a cow moos
- a dog barks
- a cat mews
- a tiger roars
2. List these animals under domestic animals and wild animals.
3.Fill in the blanks with rhyming words.
Hill pill kill
Hay day ray
Fine shine line
Get pet jet
Going showing doing
Bruno is my pet puppy.
He breaks his dish.
He is sad.
Daddy gives him milk.
But Bruno is sad.
Mummy gives him a new dish.
Now Bruno is happy. ‘
Choose the right words.
1.Bruno is my . (pet/dish)
2.He breaks his . (dish/fish)
3.Daddy gives him . (water/milk)
4.Mummy gives him a new————– . (fish/dish)
5.Bruno is now———– . (sad/happy)
Ans. 1.pet 2.dish 3. milk 4.dish 5. happy.