2. What did the birds say?
Ans. Wake up.
3. What is inside you that makes you get up at the same time everyday?
Ans. Our body clock.
4. Put the letters in the right order.
5. Listen to the sounds when you are on your way to School. Discuss with your friends the sounds that you heard. List them here.
|Sound you heard||Sound your friend heard|
|Sound of traffic on road||Sound of conversation with friends|
|Sound of talking||Sound of shutters of shops opening|
|Sound of cool wind||Early in the morning|
|Chirping of birds||Milkman’s voice|
|Horn of rickshaw||Radio|
6. If there is no clock in the house to wake up in the morning, how will you wake up? Will you continue to sleep or.
Ans. No, I will wake up the sound of chirping of birds, bell of a temple or due to the light or bright Sun that will be spread in my room in the morning.
7. What are the different ways of knowing the time during the day.
Ans. There are many ways to know “the time”. For example:
(i) Listening to the radio/television
(ii) asking someone who knows
(iii) by judging the intensity of sunlight.
8. Find the hidden words.
9. Who said these words and whom?
|Who said||To whom|
|“Wake up, dear! Wake up fast!”||Birds||Neha|
|“Ma, who woke me up today?”||Neha||Mother|
|“Why do you sleep at nine every night?”||Mother||Neha|
10. Fill in the blanks.
(a) Ram _____ a good football player.
(b) The cows ____ grazing in the field.
(c) My toys _____ broken.
(d) Her frock ____ too long.
(e) The market _____ closed.
(f) The children _____ happy.
(g) The flowers _____ kept in a vase.
11. Complete the following paragraph.
Ans. Yesterday, I lost a book. I looked for it everywhere. I looked behind the door. I looked inside a cupboard. I looked under a bed. I could not find it anywhere. Then, I called out Sheroo. Sheroo, my dog came running to me. I asked him to look for my book He pulled out another book from my bag.
12. Here is a word ‘Clock’. Write down words relating to clock.