pretty needles leaves gold stole
pretty: pleasing to the eye Example sentences: 1) Smita is a pretty girl. 2) Her dress looked really pretty.
needles: a small, thin object used for sewing Example sentences: 1) I could not find the needle in the sewing kit. 2) She pricked her thumb with a needle.
leaves: plural form of leaf Example sentences: 1) I found pale green leaves in the garden. 2) The leaves are as pretty as flowers.
gold: a yellow precious metal Example sentences: 1) My mother gifted me a gold ring on my birthday. 2) The box contained gold coins.
stole: past of steal Example sentences: 1) She stole a lot money from the bag. 2) The man stole the car from the parking.
THE LITTLE FIR TREE-SOLUTIONS
1. The pretty liars fir tree was happy with gold leaves but.
Ans. A goat came along and ate it.
2. The fir tree was sad
Ans. Because it had needle like leaves.
3. Who granted it four wishes?
Ans. Shetty the magician.
4. By changing the circled word to its opposite, rewrite the sentences.
(a) I carry a light bag to school everyday.
Ans. I carry a heavy bag to school everyday.
(b) Rina won the race.
Ans. Rina lost the race.
(c) I love eating vegetables.
Ans. I hate eating vegetables.
(d) This glass of milk is full.
Ans. This glass of milk is empty.
(e) The old man is wise.
Ans. This old man is foolish.
5. Now give the opposite of the words below by adding un- or im-.
Happy, important, polite, perfect, seen healthy, proper, safe, lucky, patient, possible, pure.
Ans. Unhappy, unimportant, impolite, imperfect, unseen, unhealthy, improper, unsafe, unlucky, impatient, impossible, impure.
6. Rita loved her dog Sheroo. Everyday, Sheroo would go out of the house and come back himself. But one day he did not come home. Rita looked everywhere for him. Tears rolled down her cheeks. Sherro was lost. He was nowhere found. Rita was crying when she reached home. She got into her bed. All of a sudden something jumped, on her. Can you guess who it was? Rita was very happy. Give the opposites of the words in italic.
Ans. Loved – hated, go out – come in, come – go, everywhere – nowhere, down – up, lost – found, nowhere, everywhere, crying – laughing, happy – sad.
7. Rewrite the passage using capital letters where necessary.
(i) one saturday afternoon amarjit and his little sister rani went for a picnic to india gate, there they saw ducks, water and their friend raj.
Ans. One Saturday afternoon Amarjit and his little sister Rani went for a picnic India Gate. There they saw ducks, water and their friend Raj.
(ii) Oh dear said the fir tree I like my old needle – like leaves best for goats don’t eat them and no man can steal them.
Ans. “Oh! Dear, said the fir tree. “I like my old needle – like leaves best, for goats don’t eat them and no man can steal them.
8. Look at the picture on textbook page 30. In the given yellow box there are eight things. Six of them you can see in the picture. The other two you cannot see. Write down four things you can see.
Ans. (i) ducks, (ii) mat, (iii) dog, (iv) girl.
9. Look at the picture again. Describe the picture.
Ans. (i) The ducks are swimming in the pond.
(ii) The girl is printing towards the small bird.
(iii) The boy is looking at the small bird.
10. Glass breaks easily when it is dropped. Do you think a mud flower pot, a glass spoon, a wooden table, a plastic cup, books, your plastic water bottle can break easily? Circle the thing that can.
Ans. A mud flower pot and a glass spoon can break, but a plastic cup, wooden table, books and a plastic water bottle will not break.
11. Which of the following actions would make others happy/ unhappy?
|Actions that make people happy||Actions that make people unhappy|
|1. Respective elders||1. not saying thank you|
|2. Being polite||2. not sharing|
|3. Playing with friends||3. watching t.v. all day|
|4. Visiting a sick friend||4. telling lies|
|5. Caring for pets||5. being greedy|
|6. Being honest||6. getting angry easily|